Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Surprise

 Last Thursday morning I decided to surprise my husband with a nice romantic evening. I found the recipe of the first meal I cooked for him. I left him a little note "have a surprise for dinner tonight. see you around 8."

 During the day, I started having cold symptoms. By the end of the day, I had a runny nose and sneezed quite often. I felt miserable, but I was still on a mission. After work I headed to the store to buy the ingredients for my homemade roasted garlic sauce.

I cooked the chicken, pasta, and cheese sauce. I remove the roasted garlic bulbs from the oven, and almost burnt my fingers squeezing the garlic in the cheese sauce. (Yes, I waited about 10 minutes for the garlic to cool). Everything is in the blender for the last step. I pick up the blender cup from the base to pour the sauce over the chicken, and SUDDENLY the bottom of the blender falls to the floor as does the roasted garlic sauce. I gasped pretty loudly. I was so upset.

I took this photo to show my husband his surprise. By the time I saw him that night, I had a full blown cold and just wanted to go to bed. Instead of a romantic evening over a lovely dinner, he ordered Chinese food and I took Nyquil and went to bed. Just another classic hysterical calamity.


No comments: