Friday, November 16, 2012

Life as a Sitcom part 2

Words in italics are my thoughts :)

As I woke up this morning, it suddenly occurred to me I have a date tonight. I really need to do load of clothes so I have something to wear. Hmm, it isn't even 7:00 yet, I have plenty of time to wash a load. 

I fill up the washing machine with a load of dark clothes and start getting ready for work. Before I leave for work I noticed the washing machine was done.  I can throw the clothes in the dryer before I leave for work and everything will be ready when I get home from work. Crap, how did I forget to remove the towels from the dryer and put those away? I quickly remove all of the towels into the rolling hamper and steer the hamper into the kitchen. This is my signal that the towels are clean and ready to be put away in the linen closet. 

..................................................................................................................................................

It is now 4 in the afternoon. I arrive home from work and talk to my boyfriend on the phone. We are finalizing plans for our date tonight. Ah! Would you look at that, a hamper full of dirty towels ready to go. Let me just grab a few more from the bathroom and bedroom floor. Load up the washing machine, add the detergent, and start the next load.

As I hang up the phone, I tell my boyfriend I'm about to take a hot shower to help wash away all of the stress of the day. After the hot shower I might even take a nap so I can stay out all night. I stroll into the bathroom and open up the linen closet. SON OF A $%^*&, MUTHA $$@%$#, well F*&^ me! I just tossed all of the clean towels into the wash, after adding all of the dirty towels on top of it.

Apparently I used all of my brain cells on the job today (and still made very little progress). Another wonderful blonde moment.

Wishing you all a great weekend.

No comments: