Saturday, February 25, 2012

$3

I went to an event tonight at the VA Museum of Fine Arts with a meetup group. The individual tickets were $15, but with a group discount it only cost $12. My boyfriend purchased our tickets ahead of time. Unfortunately he wasn't able to make it to the event tonight. As our group was gathering around to purchase tickets, we realized we are short one person to qualify for the group discount. A lady suggested to refund the tickets purchased by my boyfriend. I will then need to purchase a ticket and we qualify for the group discount. Since he wasn't there, I had to call him. He had to discuss this with the associates of the museum. His card was refunded the amount of two tickets. I then look at the nice lady behind the counter and said "since my ticket was already purchased, I don't have any cash. I need to pay for this with a debit card." This is when they informed me in order to qualify for the group discount all tickets must be purchased together. I needed to give cash to the leader of our group so she can purchase all of the tickets. No problem, there is an ATM conveniently at the entrance of the museum. Guess what, there is a fee of $2.95 to use this ATM since I am not a Suntrust customer. (I round $2.95 up to $3). So technically, I just paid $15 for this ticket thanks to this lovely $3 fee. I was a little annoyed, but then reminded myself that I just helped EVERYONE ELSE save $3.

  And at that moment in time the last person in our group arrives. We could have qualified for the group discount if we had just waited a few more minutes. REALLY!!!!!!

So, I still smile because my boyfriend was refunded for tickets he couldn't use.

No comments: