Wednesday, January 25, 2012

another hysterical calamity

These happen to me often. I've got a few errands to run before my dinner plans Monday night. First to the bank, then to a couple stores. I make my deposit at the ATM and then realize that the bank is actually open another 10 minutes. HA! I then drive to the store and as I double check my coupons in my wallet, I realize that there is no debit card in there. That's when it hit me. I deposited the check, told the ATM to email me my receipt, then I simply drove away. I left my debit card in the ATM machine. OH NO!! I have no cash. I have dinner plans tonight. Plus I'm supposed to be getting a few things at the store tonight for someone else. I'm pretty much screwed. Knowing that the bank was open for another 10 minutes, I quickly drive one mile down the road to the ATM in rush hour traffic. Yes, I know it was stupid. It can take 30 minutes to drive through 3 stop lights during rush hour traffic. And surely someone else has already pulled up to the ATM machine by now. My debit card isn't there... but I had to try. I was so close. I arrived at the bank at 5:02. I was only 2 minutes late. I have no card and no access to cash.

Tuesday morning I arrive at the bank to fix this problem. The teller asks "how may I help you?" I calmly state, "I'm a complete idiot. I drove off last night with my ATM card still in the ATM machine."Apparently this happens quite a bit. In less than 5 minutes they issued me a temporary debit card. My new debit card will be arriving in the mail in 5-10 business days (the usual run around).

I think this is the first time I left my card in the ATM machine. See, it's hysterical but it's down right inconvenient. And I really could have used cash on Monday night.

No comments: