Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Matthew 7:3

Tonight was such a great night. I reconnected with my former Bible study group. We haven't hung out together for at least 10 months. The 6 of us shared all of our exciting stories of God working around us. We laughed, we cried, we hugged, and now we have a plan in place to move forward.

I shared how God led me to my new church. They all noticed significant change in me. My friend Debbie is a prayer warrior. She has been such an example to me. She was bursting at the seams with happiness when I mentioned that I've been baptized in the Holy Spirit and pray in tongues. There is just something DIFFERENT about someone once they receive the Holy Spirit.

There were so many wonderful stories shared tonight. We can see the power of God all around us. We used to meet every Wednesday for study. However I now attend a church that holds service on Wednesday nights. I feel so special that they changed the day of future Bible studies to Thursday so that I can return to the group :)  I'm so excited. I've really missed my cabin girls

Matthew 7:3 New Living Translation
"And why worry about a speck in your friend's eye when you have a log in your own?


So one night in Bible study we read Matthew 7:3. As we discuss all of our issues to work on, we took turns commenting "I need to add another one to the list." As the evening progressed someone said "we have enough logs in our eyes to build a log cabin." As laughter rung out in the room, the name of our group was born. We became the CABIN GIRLS. As much as I like having a special name for this unique group of women, I no longer want to claim those logs in our eyes. We have all grown so much since the beginning. I'm thinking of a new name for our group.

No comments: