Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Lord has really shown His presence in my life as I grieve the loss of my grandpa. It is comforting to know that my grandpa is in Heaven with our Savior. My grandpa spent over half his life serving God and I know that he is out of pain and rejoicing with our Savior. Grandpa left quite a legacy. There were 9 pews reserved for the family. He left behind a wife of 61 years, 5 children, 11 grandchildren and 15 great grandchildren. His brother,  some nieces & nephews as well as great nieces and nephews came to celebrate his journey to the other side.

Since my brother, currently serving our country in Kandahar Afghanistan, was unable to leave his post for the funeral, the Pastor read his goodbye letter to grandpa during the funeral. Even the Pastor got choked up.

After the funeral, several of us went to grandma's house to relish in the wonderful memories. I learned a lot about my family this week. My grandpa attended Wake Forest University. I learned that this weekend.

My church has really supported me during the loss of loved one. I know the Holy Spirit is reaching out to me. The church sang one of my new favorite songs this morning as I watch the service online. It is so uplifting.

No comments: