Monday, November 21, 2011

I think God is just so darn humorous. We had a great service in church yesterday. (I don't know why I state that as if it's an odd occurence. Every service is great!) The topic was spiritual warfare and we discussed a multitude of demonic spirits that we Christians face daily. If you haven't noticed yet, I'm easily distracted. As we read Acts 16 I stumbled across a little commentary on Lydia. She was a believer. Now, my Pastor is extraordinary and his message was powerful, but for some reason after seeing the commentary on Lydia my mind drifted. I find this to be a beautiful name for my daughter. I had no intent of choosing a Biblical name for my dauther. As a matter of fact, I had already decided to name my daughter Phoebe after my favorite character on Friends. But this name just really hit home with me. It has a nice ring to it. I'll just have to overcome the fact that the number of letters in the name is 5, an odd number. (have I mentioned my preference for even numbers?) Now, to determine if this was what I call "a God thing" or just a passing notion.

It can be humorous, the things that just pop in your mind during a church service.

No comments: