Friday, August 5, 2011

Ephesians 5:18
Do not be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit.

I never knew what this verse really meant until this week. I have many unmet needs. I am, for once in my life, deteremined not to let the devil steal my joy. I am DETERMINED not to escape my emotions by eating. Because one I have consumed a carton of ice cream and a bag of chips (family size not the little snack size), those ugly emotions are still staring me down. I need to run to something that edifys me and completes me. Now, I run to the throne of God. I read His word. I lift up my hands as I speak to Him and surrender it all to the cross.

Wednesday night in church I really felt the presence of the Holy Spirit. It was so freeing and uplifting. I could see the fictitious light bulb turn on above my head. This is why we rejoice. This is why we give Him glory. I felt drunk in the Holy Spirit. And when I felt that glorious "high" I didn't need sex or alcohol to relieve my stress. I didn't need chocolate to calm down. I finally realized what being drunk in the spirit is.

And this verse means that we shouldn't turn to the temporary things of this world for satisfaction such as retail therapy, drunkeness, and sex. I think that this verse means that instead of reaching to the world for fulfillment which is only temporary, turn to Holy Spirit which is complete!

AMEN!

No comments: