Thursday, July 28, 2011

MATTHEW 6:24
NO ONE CAN SERVE TWO MASTERS. FOR YOU WILL HATE ONE AND LOVE THE OTHER, YOU WILL BE DEVOTED TO ONE AND DESPISE THE OTHER. YOU CANNOT SERVE BOTH GOD AND MONEY.

I have to first admit that all of my life I thought the last word of this verse was "man." And that made sense to me. No one can serve God and man. This year I was reading this verse in a different translation and realized that the last word is actually "mammon" which means money. This is HUGE to me! I didn't realize that money had actually taken control of my life. I knew that I hated money, but that's because I allowed my money to become my master. I really had no clue that money became my master (or what this verse meant).

This year I decided to take a look at my finances. I decided to stop using my credit cards and if I can't afford something then I just do without it. I was foolish enough to believe this single task was taking control of my finances. God had something else in store for me. I started paying tithe this year for the first time in over a decade. I feel a huge burden has been lifted. Today as I read Matt 6:24 it dawned on me that I have felt such a huge burden for so long because I allowed my money to become my master. PTL!! Not anymore. I am choosing God as my master

No comments: