Friday, July 8, 2011

Living one day at a time really came to life for me this week. Two weeks ago I paid my tithe (10% of income) to the church for the first time in  many years. As I paid the tithe, I was a little nervous. I told God that I was trusting Him to meet all of my needs, but I was a little nervous about it. Sunday (a week after getting paid), I filled up my car with a tank of  gas and prayed that it would be enough to get me through the week. I had a 40 minute trip on Sunday to my parent's house for my mom's b-day and the same trip on Monday for a singles event to watch the fireworks on the 4th of July. I really didn't think that my tank of gas was going to last all week. Additionally, I didn't really have much food left at home. With my last $20 I bought a loaf of bread, a pack of cheese slices, some drinks and a couple of other necessities to last me for the week. Monday I had $5 left to my name to last 5 day. I was starting to doubt. I ate grilled cheese every day for lunch. I had a few bags of frozen veggies left over, so I made those veggies last week.

This week, instead of verbalizing my doubt I started vocalizing my trust in God to meet my needs. I spoke the word of God. I told the devil that he's not going to get in my head and make me doubt my God. I spoke some of the declarations that were mentioned in church to bless my finances. I told the devil to leave me alone. I am not comfortable praying aloud, so I started to sing my prayer aloud and that is how I fell asleep the other night. It was very peaceful.

Wednesday night I almost finished up all of the food in my place. Didn't know how I was going to make it until Friday (my paycheck). Thursday I had a vendor meeting & he took us out to lunch. I brought home leftovers for dinner. I had some toast & protein shake for breakfast Friday morning & still have 1/2 tank of gas in the car. So I trusted in the Lord. I paid my tithe and He kept his promise. He met all of my needs.

So this Sunday, I will pay my tithe again and trust in Him to provide a new set of tires, brakes & an oil change. He never ceases to amaze me. Praise the Lord!!

I checked out another church a few weeks ago for the sole purpose of accompanying someone to that church. Well, she cancelled at the last minute but I've been going anyway. I so enjoy this church. It's really just so uplifting and dynamic. Although I'm pretty involved in my church, I'm considering leaving it. I've never really been at this crossroads before. I feel at home at my church. I love the few people whom I know there and don't want to leave them behind. But this other church is really feeding me spiritually and gives me the encouragement that I need to make it through the week. The pastor is so "in your face" with the word of God but not in a condescending manner. It's almost as if he reads my mind with the examples that he gives. The pastor mentions daily struggles that we ALL encounter and shares scripture to speak to the devil and take back the power that we have through God. It's been such an amazing few weeks.

No comments: