Sunday, March 6, 2011

My mother constantly tells me "never pray for patience." This just makes no sense to me. Why would you avoid praying for something that you need. It's just not logical to be aware that you need to be more patient or loving or compassionate and yet you purposefully avoid praying for it. Mom's explanation is that if we pray for patience then God will just make us wait really long for what will make us happy. I've learned that there is a difference between waiting and being patient. Praying for patience isn't telling God please delay my joy & happiness. I've noticed a few issues in my life one of which was impatience. So I started praying about it. In a matter of 4 months I saw God work in numerous ways all while I learned to practice patience. I knew something was coming, but I didn't know when it would happen or how exactly it would happen. I learned how to be content and full rely on God while I was waiting and I think that is the definition of patience. The biggest "hot spot" for me is my love life. Again, I have no idea when or who will fall in love with me and this does frustrate me a little. But I've learned to be content while waiting for it to happen. While I wait for the romance I've always dreamt about, I'm just loving on others and basking in that satisfaction.

No comments: