Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I became so upset at work today that I almost cried at my desk. That has not happened since I left Circuit City. A co-worker who jokes & laughs with me all of the time sent me an email with a bunch of information. She then said "copying Sherry so she can correct me if I'm wrong." So, I corrected her. I identified that she was wrong and I provided her with the correct information. She reported me to her boss for being difficult to work with. Her complaint quickly made its way to my manager. With every ounce of my being I wanted to defend myself. I wanted to walk over to her desk and ask her to come to me directly if something that I do or say upsets her. But everything must be handled through management. It's as if we are in court and our attorneys must handle everything. I'm not a smoker but I joined the smokers during their next break and ate half of a snickers bar. Not that the chocolate relieved any of my hurt feelings, but for some reason I feel compelled to soothe all of my emotional wounds with food. However, to make up for it I went to the gym tonight and spent 30 minutes on the machine that whips my butt. I was even able to do 10 extra "sit up" on the ab machine. It may not sound like much, but trust me I grunted through every extra "sit up" and the sweat was pouring down my back.

No comments: