Saturday, February 1, 2020

Adventures in filling up the gas tank

Last night was an adventure. I get in the car and realize the gas light is on. I do not know where I am. I look up gas station on my GPS and of course select the closest one that appeared; Shell

GPS: in 400 feet make a U turn.
Me: there's a travel center right there. I don't need to drive another 400 feet. I don't need a Shell. The travel center is fine. I'll turn here.
Me: OMG!!!! THIS IS THE ENTRANCE RAMP TO 95N.
😮😮😮😮

 turn around now. YOU CAN'T TURN AROUND NOW, YOU'RE ON AN ENTRANCE RAMP TO THE INTERSTATE!

Oh YAY, even more good news, there's an accident and traffic is at a stand still. AND THE GAS LIGHT IS ON!

GPS: in 2 miles, take exit 92A
me:  2 miles?

Dear Jesus, just get me to the gas station! Please God, just get me to the gas station!

GPS: in a quarter mile, take exit 92A. 

I see a sign there is BP gas station just off the exit. Now of course, everyone and their mother is taking the exit since the traffic is so bad on the interstate. 

me: YES! almost there. 

I turn the corner, and HOLY CRAP!  the gas station is lit up like a Christmas tree. I see cops, ambulance, fire trucks. The road is shut down with road flares like 200 feet IN FRONT of the gas station. 

NNNNOOOOOO! I just need gas! Can I park the car on the side of the road and walk to the gas station? NOPE, there is no way to access the gas station. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. 

As I follow the long line of traffic turning around, OH BLESS YOU JESUS, THERE IS A SUNOCO. Never been to a Sunoco before, but hey it's fuel and have I mentioned THE GAS LIGHT IS ON! 

I pull up to the gas pump, get out of the car, and do a PRAISE dance at the gas pump while everyone stares at me like I'm a freak. I wanted to kiss the ground. SCHWOO! 

And that was my night. For now on, I listen to the GPS!

No comments: