Friday, May 11, 2012

Have you ever doubted God's call on your life? Have you ever wondered what your purpose is? Have you ever desired to reach out and touch the world in some small way?

Since I was a kid I've dreamed of being a published author. Growing up I wrote poetry and short stories. I still have some of my poems, but have lost all of the short stories I wrote. Although I consider myself creative, I don't think I have the skills to write a novel. Most of my work is non-fiction.

While going through my divorce, I decided to write an auto-biography. I wanted to share my story.What began as a tool for healing has grown into my purpose! The more I pray about this, the more I am convinced that God wants me to share my spiritual journey with teen girls, young women, and their mothers.

I've had writers block for months. I've written some poetry. I've added to my blog. But as far as my project goes, I've been stuck. I was very close to quitting this project completely. The other night I was talking to a mother who is struggling with a teenage daughter. I shared some of my stories with her. I'm still shocked that I shared such personal information with her, but I knew it was important. I felt a rush as I discussed these personal details with her. As I talked with her I was reminded that God placed this project on my heart. God called me to share my dark stories to help young women. This book can also help mothers understand some of the decisions we make in various stages in life. My motivation to continue with this project was renewed. One discussion has greatly inspired me to not give up on this project. It has taken longer than I anticipated, but everything comes to pass in God's timing not ours.      

No comments: