Friday, March 23, 2012

Prov 6:2
You are snared with the words of your lips, you are caught by the speech of your mouth. 


Matthew 17:20
For truly I say to you, if you have faith [[b]that is living] like a grain of mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, Move from here to yonder place, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you 


Mark 11:23
Truly I tell you, whoever says to this mountain, Be lifted up and thrown into the sea! and does not doubt at all in his heart but believes that what he says will take place, it will be done for him. 


Our words have power! When our words are empowered with Faith, we can accomplish anything. So what happens when our words are full of hatred? When we spew hateful words into the atmosphere we are grieving the Holy Spirit dwelling within us. 


 God cautions us in Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearer. This caution is for our protection from the evil one who came to kill, steal, and destroy (John 10:10). When we speak negatively into the atmosphere, those things come to pass and we grieve the Holy Spirit. When we speak with grace and edification, the Holy Spirit is glorified. 


I used to think that I was committing some huge unforgivable sin every time I cursed or my words were full of malice. I now realize that I'm not sinning, but I am a detriment to myself. The negativity grieves the Holy Spirit which is alive in me. 


I actually found freedom in this revelation. I no longer carry this tremendous burden of being a horrible sinner. Instead I feel motivated to speak with grace and empower the Holy Spirit living within me :)

No comments: