Saturday, December 17, 2011

This is why I started a blog about hysterical calamities, I seem to experience one regularly.

As is with the Christmas season, there is party after event after party to attend. I have 2 events today where I am required to take food. I haven't been home ALL week so I got up early today to prepare the food for both events. The first event started at 10am. At 8am I making a pasta salad and chocolate "no bake" cookies. Seems simple enough, right?

After I finished the cookies I realized that I needed to make A LOT more. After the 1st event I went back to the store for more ingredients. As I'm making the 2nd batch of cookies, the hysterical calamities began. As I pour in the sugar I realized that I completely messed up on the 1st batch. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup of every major ingredient with the exception of sugar. Sugar needs to be 1 & 1/2 cups. Since I used a measuring cup that is only 8oz and filled it 1/2 way, I know for certain that I messed up the 1st batch. That's ok, we can toss the 1st batch and no one has to know. Need to add 1 teaspoon of vanilla and I accidentally spilled the vanilla in the batch as I dropped the vanilla bottle. OK, now we can begin to panic!! Finally, I am at the end. I add my 3 cups of oats. I stir and stir and stir and it's just not getting any better. Wait a minute, that meausring cup holds 4 cups so I accidentally added an extra cup of oats. I'm 1 cup short of sugar, 1 cup extra on oats and I have no idea how much extra vanilla I spilled in the mix. This is a hysterical calamity.

 Off to the grocery store I go to purchase cookies because apparently I was not supposed to be Miss Betty Crocker today :-)

No comments: