Sunday, September 4, 2011

CHANGE

For several years I've attended churches that do not have a service on Sunday night. About three years ago I ended a romantic relationship and noticed that I'm alone just about every Saturday and Sunday evening. I can't stand it.I have since found plenty of activities to keep my busy throughout the week but Sunday night still remained a bummer. In 2011, I started this project of writing a book about my spiritual journey in an effort to help teens and young women nationwide (or worldwide) face daily challenges and know that they are not alone. I want to show young women that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and that light is God! It took a few months to carve out time to actually write the book. I enjoy writing, I really want to finish this book and publish it; but you would be amazed at all of the things that get in the way. I'm passionate about this, but there just always seems to be something to do. In the summer of 2011 I decided to set aside every Sunday night as date night with my laptop to write the book. I think that I have accomplished much, but I'm sensing that I need another change. Spending every Sunday night alone is still a bummer. As I sit on the couch writing the book, I secretly hope that someone will knock on the door. I watch the phone to see if anyone has called. I'm checking facebook every hour, but there are no updates because everyone else has a life and is out enjoying life. Problem is, I don't know when else to carve out time. Maybe the solution is right under my nose. Maybe I should follow everybody's lead and go to a local book store and write my stuff there. Hey, what do you know, I found the solution all on my own! To top it off, I changed the passenger low beam headlight in my car yesterday all by myself. There's a small part of me that is waiting for the bulb to jiggle & fall out of the socket :)

No comments: