Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Well, I know that my mother will take delight in reading this post. Tonight's sermon was on blessings. And I think that I took something from the sermon that the Pastor had no intention of laying on my heart.

After a very passionat message on blessings, the Pastor looked at us and commented that some of us are wondering why we aren't blessed in the same way he just spoke on from the Bible. He then reminded us "whatsoever a man thinketh so he is." If I think that I'm not blessed, then I'm not blessed. I've heard this a million times, but never really considered it before.

Years ago I started using sarcasm as a sense of humor. Then I started using sarcasm to turn a negative situation into something funny. Somehow this exploded out of control and I now use sarcasm to make something positive into something negative.

Sarcasm is a worldwide language. I think that we all use sarcasm. I think that I use it way too much and have unknowingly started to offend people. Of course, this was never my intent. So, I said all of that to say I think that my sarcasm has become a little negative an possibly the exact opposite of a blessing.

I'm choosing to be a blessing. I'm choosing to accept God's blessing.

No comments: