Thursday, February 10, 2011

Right before Christmas I adopted a soldier deployed to Iraq. I've sent him a few packages and praying for him. Last week I was ready to send another package. I went to the website http://www.anysoldier.com/ and there was a notice that they haven't received any correspondence from him in 60 days. That concerns me. At first I thought, this can be as simple as the guy can't drop everything in the middle of fighting a war to let some organization know where he is stationed. Today I looked him up online again and they have removed his contact info not knowing if he is still alive.
I've never met the guy, but I've been praying for him for about 2 months. I've written him letters, sent him scripture & prayers. I've bought him personal supplies to survive in a combat zone. I feel an emotional connection and am very concerned that this young guy died.
I know where his unit was stationed so I checked out the military base online and read through the recent death notices. Although I am very glad that his name is not listed, I read about so many casualties and these guys were under 30 years old. Can you imagine? I mean, I know that there are young people over there dieing, but to read about these people and see exactly how young they are formed an emotional connection with me. It's so sad. I know that war is our last option and no one wants the war, but there has to be a better way. This is just so sad.

God bless you SSG James & your troop. I pray that no weapon forged against you will prevail. May you walk through the valley of the shadow of death & FEAR NO EVIL. I pray that the prince of peace comfort you as you face such adversity. and if you have met an untimely death, i pray for the family & friends who have forever lost you. i thank you for making the ultimate sacrifice so people like me can have freedom. i thank you for all you did for this nation whether we agreed with it or not. i pray for your children. i can't imagine how heart broken they are.

AMEN!!

No comments: