Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I discovered something about myself this week thanks to my 4 year old niece. She was trying to prove to her daddy that she was right about something. Man, do I know that feeling. The hardest part for people to understand about my upbringing in a legalistic church is that I always felt WRONG. I couldn't do anything right. If I wasn't do drugs, stealing, drinking, sex, etc; my thought life was sin, lieing was sin, going 1mph over the speed limit was a sin. Everything I did was wrong. That is a lot of pressure for a kid. On top of that, my dad is ALWAYS RIGHT. There is nothing negative about daddy always being right, except for the fact that we RARELY agree. I just always felt wrong. Actually, I still carry that burden on my shoulder when I'm with my family. Now as an adult I thrive on being right and I brag about it. Now, being right about a fact doesn't necessarily mean that I win the situation. I was right when I guessed that my job is in jeopardy because the company loses over $300 million every quarter. After Circuit City filed bankruptcy I was right when I guessed that all of the stores would close and that was the end of CC. I was right but no body won that situation. As a matter of fact, I lost $300 month and the economy tanked. But I am happy that I was right. LOL!!!
So, I now repeat Romans 8:1- there is now therefore NO CONDEMNATION. Eph 2:8, for by GRACE are you saved through FAITH, not of your works so no one can boast.

No comments: