Wednesday, August 4, 2010

what's going on

After working double duty for 2 weeks, my attitude wasn't much to be desired. I had said some things that upset other people and was called into "the office" more times than I can count. My manager came to me at 5pm on Friday "can you come see me?" I'm thinking, "what now?? I said please in the email, that should be enough :) " As I enter the office she nods toward her chair hinting that I should have a seat. My heart was pounding. I just knew I had done something wrong. I wasn't sweating, but I could feel it coming!! She looks me right in the eye and says "you've been promoted." WHAT!!! Promoted?? I honestly didn't think it would happen this year.

So a few months ago while working at another location I spotted this cute guy. Over the course of week I heard conversations indicating that he was getting a divorce. I've seen him from time to time since then but never for a long period of time. A couple of weeks ago I ran into him again. We flirted a little, nothing major. I cannot stop thinking about him. I don't know much about him at all. Well, I emailed him and gave him my #. I know he's busy. I don't take this personally, but it's disappointing that he hasn't called yet. He said some things that really intrigued me. I typically have this checklist of 20-30 "must haves" that a guy must meet before I will even consider entertaining the idea of a dinner date. Not this guy, I really want to hang out with him.
It's amazing to me: I have a good number of male friends. I joke with them, hang out with them, dinner & movies & sports with them, but some guys I crave to be with. They are all good guys. Why is it I crave some & not others? For some it is completely superficial and they are hot and I just want to see if the hot guy wants to nail me :) but with the other guys, I'm physically attracted to them and so much more. I'll never understand this connection, but then again maybe we aren't meant to understand it.

No comments: